Refrigerators are important appliances to have in the home, office, etc. You have to take special care when you want to purchase a refrigerator because you’ll want to use it for a very long while.
We are going to be providing you with important information so that you will not make a costly mistake by buying a refrigerator that you don’t like or that you won’t enjoy.
It is not advisable to just waltz into a shop and purchase any refrigerator that catches your fancy. You might be in high spirits immediately after that purchase but might later discover that you could have gotten a better one that will suit you more or that you could have gotten a better deal.
Hence you should decide on the type of refrigerator you want based on your priorities and of course your pocket.
Refrigerators Prices in Nigeria
- Skyrun 85 Litres Double Door Top Mount Fridge BCD-85HC Sliver – ₦53,000
- Skyrun 95-Litres Single Door Fridge BCD-95A – ₦51,000
- Hisense Refrigerator Single Door 092DR – ₦53,900
- LG Refrigerator Single Door Table Top – ₦58,000
- Skyrun Fridge Double Door – ₦89,000
- Midea Bedside Refrigerator – ₦38,000
- Scanfrost Refrigerator SFR50 – ₦40,500
- Syinix 47 Litres Single Door Refrigerator FD065AF01 – ₦39,000
- Hisense Fridge Top Mount Defrost Refrigerator 182DR – ₦85,620
- Hisense Double Door Fridge REF 182DR – ₦90,000
- Hisense Nse Refrigerator Single Door 092DR – ₦54,000
- Hisense 204Ltrs Double Door -Top Freezer- Refrigerator W/ Dispenser – 109,200 NGN
- Skyrun 257-Litres Double Door Top Mount Fridge BCD-257A – 106,900 NGN
- Hisense 100L Single Door Refrigerator 100DR – 59,990 NGN
- Hisense 46ltrs Single Door Bed Side Refrigerator RF046DR – 48,000 NGN
- Polystar Double Door Fridge: PV-DD203LR – 70,500 NGN
- Hisense 516 Litres Side By Side Refrigerator REF 67WSI – 263,999 NGN
- Midea 93L Table Top Fridge HS121 – 52,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Refrigerator HT REF 134MBS – 66,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Double Door Fridge – HRF 95BEX – 97,000 NGN
- Syinix Water Dispenser SY- WDA1C02 ,2 Tap (Hot & Cold) Storage Cabinet – 37,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Deluxe Series Double Door Refrigerator HRF-300ALUX Energy Saving – 217,600 NGN
- Hisense 130L Top Mount Double Door Refrigerator – REF182DR – 87,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool HT Freezer Chest Med 219 WHT – 143,000 NGN
- Bruhm Deep Freezer – 99,500 NGN
- Hisense Double Door Fridge – 116,000 NGN
- Hisense 535L Side By Side Refrigerator + Ice & Water Dispenser -70WS – 465,000 NGN
- LG Refrigerator GC-131S – 67,500 NGN
- Midea Double Door Refrigerator 87 LTRS HD-113F – 70,000 NGN
- Skyrun Fast Freeze Double Door Top Mount Fridge 145-Liters – 96,000 NGN
- Hisense Double Door Refrigerator With Dispenser (204L) – 115,000 NGN
- Kenstar Table Top 48L Energy Saving Refrigerator-KSR 65S – 45,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Single Door Refrigerator HR 134BS R6- SLV Energy Saving – 63,000 NGN
- LG Deep Freezer Fast Freeze Gold 210 – 98,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Small Refrigerator HR134MBS – 67,900 NGN
- LG 260Ltrs Double Door Top Freezer Refrigerator GL-C292RLBN – 191,700 NGN
- Hisense 130L Double Door Fridge With Large Freezer – 88,700 NGN
- Hisense 130L Top Mount Two Door Refrigerator – 182DR – 86,900 NGN
- Hisense Top Mount Double Door Refrigerator-130L – 89,900 NGN
- Polystar Double Door Refrigerator PV-DD202L – 76,000 NGN
- Snowsea Double Door Fridge-BCD-198-140L – 83,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Deluxe Series Double Door Refrigerator HRF-300ALUX Energy Saving – 217,600 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Single Door Refrigerator HR-147AS Energy Saving – 93,500 NGN
- Hisense Refrigerator 100L Single Door 100DR – 65,500 NGN
- Sony Showcase Fridge – PV-SC426BG – 267,900 NGN
When you want to make the purchase of your choice refrigerator, you might notice variations in the prices. Do not be surprised about this as there are some factors that influence these prices examples of which are currency exchange rate, your location, time of purchase, etc.
You should also know that the sizes, capacities and features of refrigerators contribute a lot in determining the price that the refrigerator will be sold for.
Specifications of Refrigerators
Haier Thermocool Refrigerator
- Haier Thermocool Double Door Fridge (250 ALUX) – 155,000 NGN to 170,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Single Door Fridge (107 SLV) – 40,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Fridge with dispenser (HRF 229 LUX) – 350,000 NGN to 430,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Fridge (229 GF) – 115,000 NGN to 135,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Double Door Fridge (160 AXE) – 90,000 NGN to 115,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Double Door Fridge (180 AXE) – 110,000 NGN to 120,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Single Door Fridge (medium) – 85,000 NGN to 90,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Single Door Fridge (HR 195) – 100,000 NGN to 110,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool 60 Litres Single Door Fridge – 30,000 NGN to 40,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool 140 Litres Single Door Fridge – 65,000 NGN to 75,000 NGN
- Haier Thermocool Frost Free Fridge R600 – 370,000 NGN to 440,000 NGN
- LG 108 Litres Refrigerator – 115,000 NGN to 135,000 NGN
- LG 130 Litres Refrigerator – 45,000 NGN to 60,000 NGN
- LG 190 Litres Single Door Refrigerator – 125,000 NGN to 175,000 NGN
- LG 199 Litres Refrigerator – 100,000 NGN to 110,000 NGN
- LG Bedside Single Door Fridge -35,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- LG 407 Litres Crystal frost with Free Inverter Refrigerator – 225,000 NGN to 250,000 NGN
- LG 687 Litres Refrigerator – 335,000 NGN to 350,000 NGN
- LG Refrigerator GC 269 VL – 120,000 NGN to 150,000 NGN
- Hisense 48 Litres Refrigerator – 30,000 NGN to 45,000 NGN
- Hisense 77 Litres 2.7 CU. FT Refrigerator – 35,000 NGN to 40,000 NGN
- Hisense 91 Litres 3.2 CU. FT Refrigerator – 55,000 NGN to 65,000 NGN
- Hisense 100 Litres Single Door Refrigerator – 35,000 NGN to 65,000 NGN
- Hisense 176 Litres Refrigerator – 70,000 NGN to 85,000 NGN
- Hisense 212 Litres Refrigerator – 75,000 NGN to 95,000 NGN
- Hisense 215 Litres Refrigerator – 90,000 NGN to 100,000 NGN
- Hisense 260 Litres Refrigerator – 85,000 NGN to 115,000 NGN
- Hisense 302 Litres Refrigerator – 100,000 NGN to 110,000 NGN
- Hisense 490 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – 150,000 NGN to 200,000 NGN
- Samsung 200 Litres Refrigerator – 110,000 NGN to 135,000 NGN
- Samsung 210 Litres Refrigerator – 115,000 NGN to 140,000 NGN
- Samsung 260 Litres Refrigerator – 190,000 NGN to 200,000 NGN
- Samsung 280 Litres Refrigerator – 200,000 NGN to 250,000 NGN
- Samsung Side by Side with Twin Cooling (571L) – 850,000 NGN to 950,000 NGN
Polystar Refrigerator Prices
- Polystar 80 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – 50,000 NGN to 65,000 NGN
- Polystar 202 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – 45,000 NGN to 76,000 NGN
- Polystar 302 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – 105,000 NGN to 120,000 NGN
- Commercial showcase fridge – 175,000 NGN to 180,000 NGN
- Nexus 65 Litres Refrigerator – 25,000 NGN to 35,000 NGN
- Nexus 125 Litres Refrigerator – 45,000 NGN to 60,000 NGN
- Nexus 145 Litres Refrigerator – 50,000 NGN to 65,000 NGN
- Nexus 175 Litres Refrigerator – 75,000 NGN to 80,000 NGN
- Nexus 320 Litres Refrigerator – 125,000 NGN to 140,000 NGN
- Nexus 320 Litres Refrigerator plus in-built water dispenser – 140,000 NGN to 180,000 NGN
- Nexus 350 Litres Refrigerator – 135,000 NGN to 150,000 NGN
- Nexus 501 Litres Refrigerator – 270,000 NGN to 300,000 NGN
- Nexus Commercial Display Freezer 300 Litres – 150,000 NGN to 170,000 NGN
- Beko 100 Litres Refrigerator – 40,000 NGN to 46,000 NGN
- Beko 190 Litres Refrigerator – 105,000 NGN to 125,000 NGN
- Beko 200 Litres Refrigerator – 115,000 NGN to 140,000 NGN
- Beko 256 Litres Refrigerator – 105,000 NGN to 118,000 NGN
- Beko 270 Litres Refrigerator – 140,000 NGN to 165,000 NGN
- Beko 390 Litres Refrigerator – 180,000 NGN to 210,000 NGN
- Beko 470 Litres Refrigerator – 220,000 NGN to 250,000 NGN
- Beko 500 Litres Refrigerator – 230,000 NGN to 255,000 NGN
- Beko 680 Litres Refrigerator – 320,000 NGN to 350,000 NGN
That being said we are going to be discussing well known types of refrigerators so that it will be easier for you to decide on the type of refrigerator you want.
These are French door refrigerators, side-by-side refrigerators, cabinet-depth refrigerators, top freezer refrigerators, bottom freezer refrigerators, compact refrigerators and finally Smart refrigerators. Their prices will also be discussed.
French Door Refrigerators
This the first type of refrigerator that we will be discussing. They are those refrigerators that have two side-by-side mini doors.
Although some might confuse this with the side-by-side refrigerators they are not the same and when we have discussed the side-by-side refrigerators, the differences will be clear.
French door refrigerators are called so because their door takes after the architectural design of French doors used in buildings.
An advantage of the French door refrigerators is that you can open one of the doors to get what you want while the other half of the door remains closed. This means that only a smaller portion of cool air will escape. This gives you better energy efficiency.
You might be wondering where the freezer compartment for a French door refrigerator is located. You will find it on the bottom and there is usually one or two bottom freezer drawers.
The bottom doors can be either the same side-by-side style or you’ll have one door on top of the other. This means that a French door refrigerator has a total of three or four doors. Some also come fitted with a water dispenser.
A French door refrigerator usually has transparent compartments so it is not difficult to find whatever you are looking for.
But some people are not satisfied with the drawer design of the freezer because when the freezer is fully loaded, it will not be so easy to find what you need.
French door refrigerators are more expensive than the top freezer and bottom freezer refrigerators. They are sold within the range of 570,000 NGN and 900,000 NGN.
There are still some of the French door refrigerators that cost over 1,000,000 million NGN, these ones provide you with a symmetrical cabinet-depth experience.
French door refrigerators are very good refrigerators to have especially if you want your kitchen to have a classy and fashionable vibe.
This is yet another wonderful refrigerator for those who want their kitchen to have a fashionable ambience and still have enough room to store frozen foods as well as fresh foods.
With the Side-by-side refrigerators you don’t need to worry about having more space for frozen food and less for fresh food or vice versa as the freezer section and the refrigerator are side by side.
The freezer is on one side and the refrigerator is on the other side. There is room for all the food you wish to store whether fresh or frozen. Some of the Side-by-side refrigerators come with a water and ice dispenser or just one between the two.
The Side-by-side refrigerators are not as expensive as the French Door refrigerators and can be purchased for about 250,000 NGN up to 1,200,000 NGN.
Moving on let us talk about the Top freezer fridge which is also known as the top mount refrigerator. This is a very popular type of refrigerator that most people are used to.
It is the type of refrigerator that has a freezer at the top and the refrigerator compartment below with one or more bottom drawers for fresh food that you don’t plan on using immediately.
Although there has been a lot of technological improvements and other types of refrigerators such as French door refrigerators and side-to-side refrigerators, the top-freezer refrigerators are still very much in style and highly sought after.
Another reason why the top-freezer refrigerator is still in high demand is because it is more compact than the French door refrigerators, side-by-side refrigerators, and cabinet-depth refrigerators. The top-freezer refrigerators save you money as they do not hike up your energy bill.
The Top freezer refrigerators can be purchased within the range of 47,000 NGN to 450,000 NGN. The storage capacity of the refrigerator is a huge determinant to how much you can get the refrigerator for.
A very important factor in life is the concept of choice. If there is a Top freezer refrigerator, there is no reason why there shouldn’t be a bottom freezer refrigerator.
Some people prefer these types of refrigerators because it is better for them. It is equally a very good option for parents who love having a quality time with their children in the kitchen, as it will be easier for them to reach the freezer and fetch whatever you need.
However, bottom freezer refrigerators can pose some challenge for people with some health conditions such as back pain, arthritis, etc. You can get bottom freezer refrigerators within the range of 110,000 NGN to 450,000 NGN.
Let us look take a look at the Compact Refrigerators. They make an excellent choice for those who just want a small yet efficient refrigerator for home, office or personal use. It is often a first option for most bachelors, spinsters, and students.
Compact refrigerators are also popularly known as single-door refrigerators because of obvious reasons. The freezer and refrigerator compartments can be reached through the same door. Although sometimes they can come with two doors, that is not usually the case.
The Compact refrigerators are very affordable and can be gotten within the range of 27,000 NGN to 150,000 NGN.
Cabinet-depth refrigerators are not as technical as some people would assume. They are just regular refrigerators designed to match and fit in to your kitchen cabinets.
They could be of any design, side-by-side or French door style, only that the come slimmer than normal. It’ll just be the refrigerator door that won’t be in the cabinet so that it can be opened easily.
People go for this type of refrigerator because they want something that will fit with their kitchen cabinets and match the design of the kitchen.
So you can go ahead and design your kitchen the way you want knowing fully well that you can always go for a Cabinet-depth refrigerator and your design or kitchen theme will remain intact.
They are also fitted with foldable and adjustable shelves so that you can expand and reduce the size of the shelves to meet your needs.
It is no surprise to find that Cabinet-depth refrigerators are more expensive than other refrigerators already mentioned.
Smart refrigerators provide you with so much more than you can get from the other types of refrigerators that we have discussed earlier in this article.
They come with a lot of amazing features that will leave you wowed. Examples of these features are Wi-Fi, speakers, barcode/RFID scanners, LCD touchscreens, etc.
Some will notify you when you are running out of some food such as milk as well as letting you know when they are about to expire, notify you when you didn’t close the door properly or when there is a power outage to your fridge.
Some models of smart refrigerators let you know if your refrigerator develops some issues and will troubleshoot it to the manufacturers so you know the issue on time, exactly what the issue is and get it resolved as soon as possible.
Some can even be your virtual assistant and will notify you when food is ready or when your favorite TV show is about to come up.
Just one glance to your refrigerator display and you are aware of a lot of things around you. Some can literally double as your smartphone as you can watch TV, stream movies and songs, play games, post on your social media accounts etc. They have spill-proof shelves, LED lighting, energy notifications and so much more.
Yes, smart refrigerators are very amazing but they are very expensive and with their features and functionalities, it is very expected.
Now you are aware of the types of refrigerators and their prices, you will find it easier to decide on the type of refrigerator that is best for you and won’t be too much for your pocket.